Upgrade From XP to Win 7

DAKAR 14 Oct 13

Hi all I am going to upgrade from xp to windows 7,I have run windows upgrade advisor and it appears I can upgrade my my pc but I will need at least 16GB of free space which I dont have. My question is what exactly do I need to carry out this upgrade,and where do you guys suggest the best place to buy all the necessary software etc? Thanks Dakar

iscanut2 14 Oct 13

Upgrade will not clear any programs or data, so you will need to clear up some space yourself. You could buy a cheap USB external hard drive and move any data ( word files, photos, music etc ) and once upgrade is complete, see what space you have and move back or just leave on the external drive. The Win 7 upgrade software is just over £100 on Amazon.

lotvic 14 Oct 13

You can't upgrade XP to W7 in the same way as you can Vista.

You have to choose 'Custom' and then pc restarts and does a clean install.

Here is the five step tutorial click here

iscanut2 14 Oct 13

Sorry about misinformation about program files...

DAKAR 18 Oct 13

Thanks guys Sorry about delay but any idea why no notification any more like old times. I will follow all your suggestions,once again Thanks Regards Dakar

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message