Upgrade From XP to Win 7

DAKAR 10:25 AM 14 Oct 13

Hi all I am going to upgrade from xp to windows 7,I have run windows upgrade advisor and it appears I can upgrade my my pc but I will need at least 16GB of free space which I dont have. My question is what exactly do I need to carry out this upgrade,and where do you guys suggest the best place to buy all the necessary software etc? Thanks Dakar

iscanut2 11:40 AM 14 Oct 13

Upgrade will not clear any programs or data, so you will need to clear up some space yourself. You could buy a cheap USB external hard drive and move any data ( word files, photos, music etc ) and once upgrade is complete, see what space you have and move back or just leave on the external drive. The Win 7 upgrade software is just over £100 on Amazon.

lotvic 11:56 AM 14 Oct 13

You can't upgrade XP to W7 in the same way as you can Vista.

You have to choose 'Custom' and then pc restarts and does a clean install.

Here is the five step tutorial click here

iscanut2 12:37 PM 14 Oct 13

Sorry about misinformation about program files...

DAKAR 13:24 PM 18 Oct 13

Thanks guys Sorry about delay but any idea why no notification any more like old times. I will follow all your suggestions,once again Thanks Regards Dakar

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…