Upgrade to XP problems

daisy2bell 21:37 21 Sep 04

Since upgrading to XP, I am constantly having problems. When I end a programme including AOL,nothing happens.I then go to Ctrl Alt Delete, and the items are listed as not responding.
Also the computer sometimes is running very slow. I have done defrag.
This includes shutdown.
When I upgraded it listed numerous programmes /hardware that would cause any problems, and I removed them.
Any Ideas please, as if I can't resolve it, I will revert back to Win98

kspatto 22:37 21 Sep 04

back up all of your important files and do a full instal of xp use ntfs for the base file system this is far more stable than fat

would also check that your pc will run xp the minimum requirements are quite high (and these minimums really are the minimum to run xp double them to have a system that will run well)

if you are going back to 98 would also suggest a clean instal rather than a revert

patto

kspatto 22:38 21 Sep 04

back up all of your important files and do a full instal of xp use ntfs for the base file system this is far more stable than fat

would also check that your pc will run xp the minimum requirements are quite high (and these minimums really are the minimum to run xp double them to have a system that will run well)

if you are going back to 98 would also suggest a clean instal rather than a revert

patto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac