Upgrade to XP Pro

badgermansix 21:41 27 Oct 05

It seems that I need to upgrade from WinXP HE SE,
to WinXP Pro. as I am having problems with Forms on our WebPage.

Is it just a matter of buying an upgrade version of WinXP Pro and installing it over the current
HE version, or is it more complicated than that.

I also have Frontpage 2000, would I need to upgrade this at the same time?

TIA

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:49 27 Oct 05

There is no difference between Pro and Home other than security features for company controls

So I donnot know how this upgrade is going to solve forms problems where did you get that advice from?

badgermansix 06:44 28 Oct 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks for replying, I've got my Website up and running, I've got the forms that I require to be completed by the site readers, installed, the only problem is that Win XP HE does not support certain parts of Front Page Server extensions, that means that the completed forms cannot be returned to me via email when the "Submit" button is pressed on the Form?

WinXP Pro. does this?

Iron Maiden 07:37 28 Oct 05

XP pro has everything you will need. But a normal install doesn't put them on. After system is up & running, in add remove programs click add/remove windows components & pick from list "internet information services (IIs)" click details, from list pick what you need

badgermansix 10:17 28 Oct 05

Iron Maiden, thank you, that was very helpful, as I said, it will be an upgrade from XP HE and not a full new OS.
Can you see any problems occuring?

I already have FrontPage2000 will this suffice or must I get FP203 instead?

Thanks again.

Stuartli 13:16 28 Oct 05

Are you quite sure about Home not supporting Frontpage Server Extensions?

See:

click here

badgermansix 14:43 28 Oct 05

Stuartli, Yes, HE does not support IIS

Iron Maiden 19:26 28 Oct 05

Simple answer is i don't know, iv'e never upgraded from home to pro, but can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work. As for working with FP200 don't see why not as FP2003 wasn't written when XP was released

badgermansix 16:58 29 Oct 05

Thanks, I have now bought XP Pro upgrade and installed without any problems, I also bought FP2003, so now I know I should be able to sort my other thread re Forms, now :-))

Stuartli 18:56 29 Oct 05

Just been doing another more thorough check and you are correct about Home not supporting the feature(s) you require:

click here

badgermansix 08:44 30 Oct 05

Stuartli, thanks for that, I'll consider this thread resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…