Upgrade XP Home to XP Pro

Ally 22:57 28 Dec 03

I have XP Home addition, can I upgrade to XP Professional and is it worth the bother? Also what's the difference between them?

AubreyS 23:00 28 Dec 03

I really don't think thats its worth the bother. I use XP Home at work and XP Pro at home. There is very little difference.

DieSse 23:03 28 Dec 03

MS write up on the difference. If you're a fairly standard home user, personally I wouldn't bother.

click here

Quiller. 23:08 28 Dec 03

From our friend Mr.Gates

"Windows XP Professional
Designed for businesses of all sizes and for home users who demand the most from their computing experience, Windows XP Professional delivers the new standard in reliability and performance. It includes all the great features and new visual design of Windows XP Home Edition, plus premier security and privacy features, advanced recovery options, improved ability to connect to large networks, and much more. "

click here

johnnyrocker 23:26 28 Dec 03

and that is just some of the reasons and there are many more.

johnny.

spuds 23:52 28 Dec 03

Upgrading to XP Pro would cost about £40/£50 via oem. Save your money and stick with Home,unless of course you want a few more things, which you may not use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…