Upgrade to XP

Inverjazz 10:44 19 Apr 03

What's the procedure for upgrading from Windows 98SE to XP? Is it necessary to have Win98 actually istalled or is it enough to have the installation disk to hand when installing XP to a clean hard drive?

MAJ 10:49 19 Apr 03

You just need the Win 98 CD, Inverjazz. It's better if you do a clean install of XP rather than upgrading Win 98. That, of course, will mean that you have to backup all your Files, pictures documents etc. but it's worth the extra effort in the long run.

Inverjazz 11:07 19 Apr 03

Thanks, MAJ, that's all I want to know, but I may try an install over Win98. If it doesn't work, no big deal. I've got everything I need backed up.

TaffyTony 14:46 19 Apr 03

Before I upgraded to XP I found that it's users fell into two camps. Those that loved it and those that hated it.

On further questioning it seemed to me that those that loved it were poeple who installed it completely fresh and that that hated it had upgraded from 98.

Just a thought !

I'm with MAJ all the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…