Upgrade from win98se to XP

daisy2bell 11:24 08 Sep 04

Up until now I have been using win98SE. I have a 2nd mashine that is using XP home and do find that it boots up much faster than the win98 one, even though both mashines are identical.
My only worry is, on my XP mashine for some unknown reason after installing AOL broadband numerous times, every time I connect to the internet after a few minutes I get the blue screen and get disconected and have to reboot.
What's the likelyhood of this happening if I upgrade the other mashine to XP
Thanks
Fred

Shas 12:25 08 Sep 04

Would have thought it more likely to be an AOL connection problem. If you can actually connect, go straight to Safety > Computer Checkup and let it go through its paces. It should sort out any niggling problems. There's also a Broadband Checkup you can do - I've never actually used it but I think you get there through Keyword: Broadband Help, or something like that.

gold 47 14:17 08 Sep 04

Click on start then programs click on AOL then system info clear the cache then uninstall the AOL adapter this will be rebuilt when you log back on this may help but there is no way of knowing it would work in your case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…