upgrade Win 98 1st ed to 2nd edition

All3 22:51 20 Mar 04

Every MP3 player i look at seems to need win 98 2nd edition - I only have 1st. Does this make any diffrence and if so is it easy to up grade to the 2nd ed. ta!

Gandalph 22:58 20 Mar 04

I upgraded from 98 to 98se no problem. But the 98se CD Rom has to be the full version and not an upgrade version.

All3 23:01 20 Mar 04

did you have to completely reload windows from scratch?

woodchip 23:15 20 Mar 04

Have you just tried running the CD from Start/Run over the top of 98

Tim1964 00:26 21 Mar 04

It may be worth a look at the manufacturers websites for the definite system requirements as I too am running 98 1st ed. Some 'shopping sites' show different info from the ACTUAL specs needed. For example. The Creative Jukebox only needs 1st ed but sites such as Amazon and Kelkoo show it needing 98SE. Also, my digital camera said it needed SE so I waited for the error messages to pop up during install but it runs fine.

Good luck,

All3 00:34 21 Mar 04

thanks for the tip.i'll do that. just realised i've got my digital camera running on my current system and I never checked the requirements then - its working fine tho!

Gandalph 00:53 21 Mar 04

Sorry All3 I have just got back to the computer. All I did to install 98se over the top of 98 was to click start>Run and typed in D:\setup.exe and the CD did the rest. All it doe's is overwrite some of the 98 Files and add's some new one's.

All3 10:08 21 Mar 04

thanks for the advice everyone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…