upgrade to Win 2k

Buffs 19:57 19 Jul 03

I hope one can help me as i just upgraded from wins98se to Wins2k and my question is as follows:
since the upgrade i have lost my internet connection both for outlook express as well as explorer: i keep getting the following messages invalid user name / p/w i have tried many ways to sort it out but nothing: I have read that I way have to have the hard drive wiped and start from a new ? is this so, My pc is a athlon main board is a K7 micro ATX 1200MHZ 112MB 20GB HD: CAN You please help Kris

woody 20:01 19 Jul 03

Have you re-entered all your details .ISP phone num - your name(account name) - pass word etc.

recap 20:27 19 Jul 03

It is not always necessary to do a clean install when upgrading O/S's, but some times it is advisable. I have always (my personall opinion) gone down the route of a clean install. Make sure you back every thing up that you need before a clean install if you choose this route.

A small tip if you do a clean install, choose NTFS file system for W2K.

Buffs 16:32 20 Jul 03

first i would like to thank woody & recap for their help: my problem is still there and like some help with the following questions:

Tcp /Ip protocol which of the of the following should i use :
netBEUI OR NW LINK ipx/spx/NET BIOS /compatible transport protocol:

please help buffs

mrdsgs 16:56 20 Jul 03

the problem will be your user name or password, the password is case sensitive.

make sure you enter everything accurately, if necessary using the internet connection wizard from scratch.

tcp/ip sttings wil not have ben changed in the upgrade, and if you are getting to the invalid ... the settings are ok.

mrdsgs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…