Upgrade Vista to XP the saga continues

Uncle Dicky 17:35 10 Nov 07

You successfuly sorted out my graphics problem after upgrading my Acer 7520 to XP from factory installed Vista (thankyou guys), I now have another problem, no sound other than 'system sounds'. I have tried downloading a motherboard driver from Driver Agent.com but to no avail. The symptoms are (other than no sounds)unable to play audio cd's, copy to dvd but can view data files from dvd. Have gone through 'Trouble shooting'but this doesn't help. I believe the soundcard installed is a Realtek High Definition Audio, Properties show that this device is working properly.

Totally-braindead 18:36 10 Nov 07

Theres no XP drivers for this laptop I suppose you already know this.

I'm surprised in a way you got it up and running to be honest, it must be running on Windows default drivers. The Vista audio download is listed as Realtek v6.0.1.5449 so basically what you'll have to do is go to Realtek and try the drivers they have for XP until you get one that will run, there will be one but I've no idea which click here since you say its HD I would suggest trying this one first click here second one down is for XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced