Upgrade from Vista to Win 7

iscanut2 20:57 PM 14 Feb 13

I have a laptop that runs Vista and am considering upgrading it to Win 7. The only thing that puts me off is the potentially hundreds ( well a lot anyway ! ) of Windows Updates that I will have to install as part of the process. Is there an easy way of doing this such as a collection of all updates in one file that I can install or is this me just fantasizing ?

iscanut2 21:13 PM 14 Feb 13

Sorry about duplicate posting !

xox101 21:38 PM 14 Feb 13

Install Windows 7 and then Service Pack 2 which can be downloaded separately from MS. The remainder of the updates just takes time and patience and can depend on how fast your download speed is and the speed of your system in installing them.

Gathering up all the drivers beforehand can save a lot of time and then installing the programs you need from Ninite also helps.

iscanut2 11:45 AM 15 Feb 13

I did not think MicroSoft released an SP2 !

onthelimit1 11:59 AM 15 Feb 13

You're right, and they have no plans to (at the moment!, but SP 1 is available from the download centre

link here.

Procrastinus 15:19 PM 15 Feb 13

You can download Win7 with SP1 already incorporated from the official MS site at Digital River.

Win7 + SP1

xox101 17:28 PM 15 Feb 13

Oops. I was thinking about vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…