//some 3rd party need geo

upgrade video card

janetj235 10:21 22 Apr 06

I tried to download a game, that i had played as a demo version, when the game says play a little box comes up and it looks like its download something to do with the game, i have sent an email to the game producers and they say my video card might need upgrading, my pc is 2years and i had recently done full restore, im using windows xp sp2 home edition and also i have ran sim2 on the pc and now i cant i dont know were to look for video card upgrade also dont know how to look to see which one i have got any help

MichelleC 10:46 22 Apr 06

Get SWI from here which will tell you all the info on your pc.

MichelleC 10:47 22 Apr 06

click here Then paste the graphics card info here

keith-236134 11:14 22 Apr 06

Perhaps you need to get more recent drivers for your Graphics card, get them off the net and make sure you reinstalled all your motherboard drivers.

Devil Fish 11:24 22 Apr 06

what game is it and could you give more detail about your system processor memory graphics etc

if you need system info run this it will give you all the info click here

janetj235 14:41 23 Apr 06

Hi and ty for all the advise, hairyplums i do understand wat u are saying but dont know how to do it and also i have spoken to the people that i bought the pc off and they say i need to upgrade my graphic card cos my pc is not able to play certain games, and its only 2 years old and yet my old pc can play the games so i am not totally confused lol ty

Totally-braindead 16:45 23 Apr 06

Ignore what the people that sold you the system have said, it may be true, it may be they are just trying to get more money off you. What the Forum will need to know is, what speed processor you have, how much memory you have, which Operating System you have (I presume XP), what graphics you have and what game you are trying to run but can't. The link MichelleC gave you to SIW will give you all that information. Just post back with the info I asked for and you should get your answer. Without that info theres no help anyone can give.

janetj235 16:52 23 Apr 06

ty totally but do u know the that michelle sent only i did look at it and just tried to go back to it and wont let me use it again

remind 17:34 23 Apr 06

No idea why you can't access that link again.
Belarc (already linked to) or Everest will also do the same job click here

janetj235 21:28 23 Apr 06

ok here goes not sure what info u want so here goes.video adaptor sis 651c 64mb 3d acclertor sis 330mirage 1gp and window xp home, one game was sim2 and the other was of real arcade atlatic quest if u need any more info i will try and find it ty lol

Totally-braindead 22:38 23 Apr 06

Right it appears you are using windows xp and have a computer with integrated sis 330 mirage graphics and the motherboard is based on the sis 651c chipset. Now does everest tell you the make and model of motherboard you have so I can see if it has an AGP slot for a graphics card. It will says something like PC Chips M935G which it might be.
Need the motherboard make and number to confirm but I'm certain you have onboard graphics, this means the graphics you have is built in to the motherboard itself and this I am 95% sure this is the reason you do need a new graphics card to play the Sims 2. Could you also tell me what speed the processor CPU is and how much memory you have. Everest will tell you this as well. I just want to make sure that getting a graphics card will be the only thing you need to be able to play the Sims 2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…