upgrade video card ?

baldi 18:54 20 Apr 06

My daughter wants to play sims 2 on her laptop - toshiba satellite pro l10. I have checked the spec requirements for the game which is ok but I am not sure about the graphics card. The spec states you need a t&l video card. The video card in the laptop is intel 855gmm with 64mb ram. If this is not good enough does anyone know if I can upgrade for this laptop. Any advise would be appreciated.

the3musketeers 19:29 20 Apr 06

When it says this, is it the minimum requirements, or the recommended? Just to confirm that is all. Well, it is always good to upgrade, and I can tell you now, a 64mb Vid Card will not be able to play the Sims 2. You can pop into your local Computer shop or and chain shop like PC World and pick up a nice new Graphics card, you can then install that new graphics card into your PC. You can also get them off places like Ebuyer on the web. If you want, you can have PCWorld install the card for you, but it is cheaper to do it yourself. I think you will need a minimum of a 128mb vid card to deal with the Sims 2. There are two major companies that make Video Cards, ATI and Nvidia, my personal prefrence is Nvidia.

remind 19:35 20 Apr 06

click here
Looking at the specs, unlikely to work. The graphics capability is built into the chipset on your laptop, no upgrade possible.

rmcqua 20:26 20 Apr 06

This is a laptop that baldi is talking about.
baldi - if your daughter's Satellite pro has a 2GHz Celeron or better, then you may be OK. See the following link:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…