Upgrade suggestions?

rabbitrabbit 17:11 01 Aug 07

Looking to upgrade my system, it's a bit slow and old. I'll replace the motherboard, fan and processor. How much am I likely to pay for this? Nothing too new. Anything upto a year old would be fine. Any suggestions of compatible bundles? Thanks. Also, can i re-use my old memory? I've only recently added more of it, so i hope it would be useful still.

Totally-braindead 17:20 01 Aug 07

How longs a bit of string. You've given no info on your old system, if it really is that old and slow then theres almost no chance the memory will be reuseable.
If you want a barebones bundle then look here click here

Its also impossible to recommend anything as you've said nothing about what you use it for or even an idea of budget.

Novatech is the place to start though.

rabbitrabbit 17:50 01 Aug 07

AMD Athlon 1.35 GHz
1GB Ram
256MB DDR PC3200
256MB DDR PC1300
512MB DDR PC1300

Looking to spend no more than £200 upgrading this, just for general computer use. No games, or dvd watching, or anything like that.

I found a few motherboard bundles, I suppose now i'm just wondering if my current memory is compatible. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…