//some 3rd party need geo

Upgrade RAM from 1gb to 1.5gb - Any difference?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 11:49 26 Oct 05

Hi all, my system has 1gb of RAM and I have another system sitting aruond doing nothing. I'm thinking of commandeering it's RAM and installing it in my current PC (same RAM type).

Will I notice a difference between 1gb and 1.5? If so, in what areas?

Thanks lots

PaulB2005 11:52 26 Oct 05

If it'll cost you nothing then why not, but you'll probably only see a difference with really memory intensive programs. What do you use your PC for?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 11:54 26 Oct 05

Gaming and music.

Will I notice ANY difference in Halflife 2? or
F.E.A.R? To broaden the picture, I have an ageing Athlon 2800+ and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb jobby. Halflife 2 is pretty smooth anyway, but just wondering whether the extra RAM will make a difference.

PaulB2005 11:55 26 Oct 05

Might cut down the loading times but past that probably not much.

Why not try it and let us know how you get on?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 11:59 26 Oct 05

I think I will do just that :)

Cheers muchly

garrema 13:40 26 Oct 05

Try to start up the task manager and then the screen which monitor the CPU and RAM usage. Leave it open & minimise. Load up HL2 and play for say 5 mins then cycle the screen back to the task manager - you will see a history of how much ram and cpu has just been used.

Can you do that and let us know for HL2 FEAR how much ram the PC used while each game was used?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…