Upgrade my MICROSOFT OFFICE 97 to Microsoft office

Mike-256840 12:59 25 Jan 03
  -pops- 13:05 25 Jan 03

Yes to both. I've done it myself.

Bit of advice - best not to post your email address on the forum. Even here there can be some very strange people. We can get in touch if necessary by the envelope beside your name.

Brian

jazzypop 13:08 25 Jan 03

Office 97 will certainly run on XP, and is upgradable to 2002 - check at click here

You may need to check the licence conditions - from memory, you could install Office to two separate PCs (e.g. laptop and desktop) provided that you did not use them at the same time.

-pops- 13:10 25 Jan 03

Note: there is no need to load Office 97. All you have to do is to go direct to loading Office 2002 and at some point in the installation it will ask you to insert the qualifying software. Put your 97 disk in. It will think about it for a moment or two and carry on loading.

It's best to do it this way then you won't have loads of redundant junk left behind from your old version.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…