Upgrade Motherboard Question

jimd 02:14 11 Sep 04

Hi
Just some advice. running Windows XP SP2 wanting to upgrade my Motherboard. Do I have to reinstall windows afterwards? and all my software? or will windows pick up the changes itself?

Amyfa 02:36 11 Sep 04

I had to put in a new motherboard last week as mine decided to die on me, was expecting to have to reinstall everything all over again, but I just switched it on and everything worked. So I was very happy.

The Spires 02:46 11 Sep 04

I fitted a new motherboard, CPU & ram today, I gave a try to boot but as expected a blue screen appeared so I did an XP repair (20 Mins) and it now runs well. Although doing a repair on XP & having all the old drivers still floating around is not ideal I do have a well running Pc till I feel like a full reinstall sometime next week.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:39 11 Sep 04

Xp, your settingsand any other software is on the hard drive.

Renew the mother board plug in the same hard drive and XP etc will still be there.

XP may find new hardware when you switch on (your new MOBO). You will recieve a CD with the MOBO this has all the drivers for the NEW board.
Insert it when XP asks for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…