upgrade microsoft access

pams angel 19:03 28 Sep 04

i am running office 2000, and i am trying to do a complete new clait course through a book. i have tried to load in a access disc that came with the book and it came up with this

This database is in an unrecognised format

The database may have been created with a later version of Microsoft Access than the one you are using. Upgrade your version of Microsoft Access to the current one, then open this database.

Please can anyone help me to do this as i am stuck.

david.h 22:42 28 Sep 04

i read ages ago that access2000 had install problems with one of the fonts that had to be disabled till after the reinstall on some applications the font name began with an h. some of our office experts may remember this, it should be somewhere in the knowledgebase

VoG II 22:48 28 Sep 04

I believe that there was a change in file formats between Access 2000 and 2001 so you will need the latter to open the database.

pams angel 22:57 28 Sep 04

thank you both
VOG can you tell me then if i have to buy this or can it be downloaded? if it can be downloaded where is the best site to download it from

VoG II 23:01 28 Sep 04

Unfortunately you have to buy it. You could have a look on eBay, otherwise it is not cheap.

pams angel 23:03 28 Sep 04

ok thank you for the quick reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…