Upgrade Issues - could you help?

Multi_sheep 20:31 24 Oct 07

Hello all and Thankyou for giving the time to read my problem.

Basically I want to do a couple of upgrades on my machine, most important my graphics card, my current specs are as followed:

- Pentium D 3.4Ghz
- 2GB RAM
- 7600GT Video Card
- MB is a 'Asus P5LDZ-SE'

I really want to upgrade to a 8800GTX video card and a E6600 CPU as I have the money and now really only use the PC for gaming, I want to best out of my system and have read about how your PSW effects performance. I've looked up my PSW after opening my PC up and had a look at its stats:

- ATX-450PNF
- 450W (even though when I bought the PC they said it was 500W -_-)

click here

I basically want to know if this will be enough to handle the beast of a graphics card and the E6600. If not, what PSW do you recommend but keeping the price as low as possible.

I really only want a PSW to be handle the hardware I use, I dont want overkill!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

Multi_sheep 20:38 24 Oct 07

When I said PSW I mean't PSU! whoops =)

citadel 21:01 24 Oct 07

I would get a corsair hx modular 620, it is quiet and has the 80% + logo to save on your electricity bill. google it for reviews. scan.co.uk has it on offer in the today only section.

Multi_sheep 21:06 24 Oct 07

Hmm, thanks for the reply but I'm not playing on using SLI and its still quite expensive at almost £100. I'm just looking for something that will be enough to power by machine withit it blowing up!

Been looking up some PSU and saw this

click here

thoughts?

Multi_sheep 21:09 24 Oct 07

Ooh, what about this one?

click here

I'm useless with understanding the power needs, sorry to be a bother.

T0SH 22:25 24 Oct 07

Before you decide to spend extra chunks of cash on a "bigger" power supply have a read here

click here

then decide

Cheers HC

citadel 23:04 24 Oct 07

the two you found should be ok. you need a better psu than you have now to run that 8800gtx.

DieSse 01:21 25 Oct 07

I think you have an P5LD2-SE (not P5LDZ-SE).

See this note on the Asus website:-

*Only PCB R2.0(or higher) support Intel® Core™2 processor

keef66 10:17 25 Oct 07

Visit the Acer website and check the cpu support for your mobo just to be sure it will take the E6600 you're planning to buy.

keef66 10:22 25 Oct 07

Your mobo needs to be version 2.01G or newer, and bios version 0314 to run the E6600

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now