Upgrade Help Please!

Pumas 20:32 17 Jan 03
  Pumas 20:32 17 Jan 03

I am thinking of buying this motherboard/memory/ processor kit: and I have a few questions.

The motherboard has integrated sound. When I plug in my sound card will it just take over? What do I have to do?

What do I have to do for a smooth transition when I connect my current hard drive to it with the operating system already on it?

I would like to buy a new tower case as well. Can you suggest a suitable case for around £60?

It’s the first time I’ve tried something like this so if I’ve forgotten a potential problem please tell me.

Thanks

Pumas

Pumas 20:33 17 Jan 03

Here it is: click here

Daffy-Duck 20:39 17 Jan 03

well, to be honest, if you want a good cast, you're going to need to spend a little more than 60 quid. You want to buy a metal case, as they keep cooler.

On the other bits, the sound card SHOULD take over yes, but you may find that on your new mother broad BIOS, you card turn the onbrad sound off.

if you configer the BIOS for your hard drive, then there should be no problem.

But my tip of the day, IS TO READ THE MOTHER BOARD MANUAL.... It the world of building a computert, it IS YOUR BIBLE. read it cover to cover, and it will explain 99% of what you need to know about setting it up.

Hope this helps

Daffy-Duck 20:40 17 Jan 03

well, to be honest, if you want a good cast, you're going to need to spend a little more than 60 quid. You want to buy a metal case, as they keep cooler. I would recomend paying 90 to 100 quid on a good case.

On the other bits, the sound card SHOULD take over yes, but you may find that on your new mother broad BIOS, you card turn the onbrad sound off.

if you configer the BIOS for your hard drive, then there should be no problem.

But my tip of the day, IS TO READ THE MOTHER BOARD MANUAL.... It the world of building a computert, it IS YOUR BIBLE. read it cover to cover, and it will explain 99% of what you need to know about setting it up.

Hope this helps

Daffy-Duck 20:42 17 Jan 03

opss. i hit send, then hit stop, and added a sentencs. See if you can spot it

Pumas 20:51 17 Jan 03

Can you or anyone suggest a case then. How about £100 or less? I can't really go over that.

If I’ve forgotten a potential problem please tell me.

Pumas

clayton 21:20 17 Jan 03

You dont need to spend as much as £100 for a case, i got a Verre V770K for £40 from a comp fair you can add upto 4 case fans.

click here

Pumas 22:00 17 Jan 03

Forgot to mention that I would like a case WITH a PSU. Thanks for suggestions so far.

Keep them comming please.

Pumas

pj123 11:28 18 Jan 03

Have a look at this site. click here and click on bundles.

All these bundles are tested before they are sent out.

SDJ 11:39 18 Jan 03

click here

For good cases, loads of fans and very well made. Just remember some of these come without PSUs but you could use the one you have if its up to the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…