Upgrade help

COCOCAT 14:55 05 Jan 06

I am living in the dark ages at the moment. I am running on an operating system of Windows 95 and want to upgrade. Is Windows XP Home Edition the best package to buy? Can I simply install it on my current computer? Will my Microsoft Office 97 programmes still operate under the XP system?
Also, I find I can't find a Broadband package that is compatible with Windows 95. Is there one or will I have to wait for my upgrade?
Windows 95 is like 'old money' these days. You can't use it with anything.

Skills 15:06 05 Jan 06

I doubt that your current computer will be capable of running windows XP if it is from the windows 95 era.

You may want to think about going the whole way and getting yourself a new setup you can pick up some bargin systems now for not to much money.

The best you could hope for with your current system is to get windows 98 on it.

Do you know what the current specifications of your system are?

COCOCAT 15:23 05 Jan 06

I got the system in 2000 but had Windows 95 so installed it. It is a Pentium II, I forget other specs. Is there hope or shall I buy a whole new set up? I have seen some good deals at the moment.

Skills 15:33 05 Jan 06

These are the minimum system requirements for XP home click here although in real terms you need at least 256MB of RAM and ideally 512.

Posting the full specs of your system will help this program click here will help you to find that out if you dont know.

To be honest thou by the time you figure in the cost of buying XP and any upgrades that you may need to get it running I think you would be better off treating yourself to a new system

COCOCAT 15:46 05 Jan 06

Cheers for you advice. Very Helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5