Upgrade help

Fitto 14:32 24 Apr 05

Forced to upgrade, system dying. Essential that I continue using existing email address, how do I SIMPLY transfer settings? Suggestions for system welcomed. Have at present Windows 98SE, pentium 3, 600mtz. Would like DVD writer. I am using digital camera & adobe Photo Shop. Got good monitor,speakers etc. only need tower.HELP.

mikef. 15:10 24 Apr 05

Just note down you email settings and set them up in OE in yor new system

Diemmess 16:53 24 Apr 05

At its simplest, your email address (screen name) goes with your account with your service provider.
So if you start with a brand new "box" and sign on with your existing screen name and password the provider will take it up as if nothing has happened. Other people's addresses and all emails will have to be recovered from your own backup.

I suspect you are bothered and bewildered by all you might have to do, so please say which service provider you are using and which version of IE and OE you use? (ie. v 5, 5.5 or 6).

If like me you are using Aol the backup works differently but is easily done.

Meanwhile you do have all your pictures and other documents copied to a another HD or CD?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…