Upgrade Graphics card.

Hamlet 11 23:07 20 Jun 03

Have recently purchased a Mesh AMD 2400 running Windows XP Home edition. Both sound and Graphics are 'On board'. I would like to be allowed to play games, particularly Flight Sims. Can you please advise what Graphics card I would need to install and how to make it operational.

Thank you in anticipation.

Jomi 23:12 20 Jun 03

For flightsim 2004, it works fine but if you can afford the 9700 pro, get it!!
there are loads of benchmark tests for graphics cards at click here

Jomi 23:14 20 Jun 03

make that flightsim 2002 - sorry

hugh-265156 23:17 20 Jun 03

most cards will be fine.i use a radeon 9000 128 and this plays fs2002 and combat fs3 great at 1024x768 everything at max.higher resolutions will need a better card.

the driver for the integrated graphics will need to be uninstalled or disabled first.this sometimes has to be done in the bios although i was able to do via device manager.
try control panel/system/hardware/devicemanager and right click the integrated graphics if listed and uninstall.shut down the computer.

insert the new card into the slot anfd turn on the computer.windows should detect the new card and prompt to install the driver.

get the latest nvidia or ati driver from click here and click here

if that method doesnt work then on starting up the computer tap F2 F1 etc to enter the bios(it will say on the screen which to press)

once in the bios look for advanced or advanced chipset and here you should find something like shared graphics memory etc.if you can set to disable or the lowest available value if it wont let you disable.

once done exit the bios saving your changes by pressing F10 and restart windows and continue to install the new card.

washout 04:06 21 Jun 03

Yeah I have a radeon 9000 as well and it is adequate for most games and would work fine for flight sim 2002

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…