Upgrade to a faster processor

prima12 16:04 PM 04 Aug 11

Hi all, my PC is now 4 years old with an Asus M2N-MX m/b with an Athlon 64 X 2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.31 Ghz processor and an Nvidia GeForce 7300GE graphics, I don't have a problem normally but I have started converting my 2D DVDs to 3D and find it is very slow in converting the files to MKV, any suggestions on way of speeding up the conversion process would be appreciated. P.

gengiscant 16:27 PM 04 Aug 11

Have a look here: CPU You don't mention how much ram you have.

prima12 16:35 PM 04 Aug 11

Sorry, have 2gb of ram. P.

prima12 16:15 PM 10 Aug 11

I have 4 DDR2 ram sockets, 2 of which are not used, can I now install my 2 X 2Gb memory cards straight into these sockets or would I need to substitute the new for the old? P.

gengiscant 11:10 AM 11 Aug 11

Am I correct in assuming that you have bought another 2 x 2GB of RAM? If so providing it is the same as what already installed then yes you can just add it.

When posting about components its always good practise to mention make model size etc. You have mentioned RAM but only the quantity not the type/speed of the installed or the assumed extra, so very difficult to give a precise answer to your question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…