Upgrade to enable digital media

johnbill 16:43 05 Oct 03

I wish to upgrade my 1999 Mesh ATX (Celeron 366, 64K RAM 6.43Gb hard drive and Hercules Terminator graphics card)so I can download images from a digital camera to CD or DVD (whichever will work on a standard DVD player) and hopefully at a later date produce CD or DVD discs from analogue video.The free NTI CD-Maker with the mag. looks like the software for the job with a only a CD burner.

I havn't bought camera yet but assume they all require USB2 interface but I think mine is only version 1. Does this need to or can it be upgraded?
Can I buy a CD writer rather than the more expensive DVD writer to produce discs readable on my Toshiba DVD player?
Is there anything else needing upgrading, or should I buy new digital ready PC?

Hope somebody out there can clear up confusion

hugh-265156 21:03 08 Oct 03

usb1 will be ok just slower and a cd writer will also be fine.get a copy of nero 6 click here does just about everything.some cd writer even bundle a copy with them.

keenan 21:15 08 Oct 03

This software is free and comes with nero plugins
to burn your photos to create a vcd that plays on most standard DVD players click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…