upgrade cpu and motherboard

rstaxis 21:16 26 Apr 05

i have an amd athlon xp 1600+ which i think is a bit slow nowadays how difficult is it to upgrade the system and what would be a reasonable upgrade.i am no expert but have the basics how difficult is it or would it be better left to an expert.

stevie

goonerbill © ® 21:59 26 Apr 05

if you post back with make of mobo, you may be to just upgrade the CPU.

askgreg 23:42 26 Apr 05

I had an Athlone 1500 and recently decided to install a Sempron 2600 in the same motherboard,with no problems.I just fitted it and away it went, and there was a noticeable difference in performance.If you are a games player then one of the newer Athlone 64's would be more appropriate and that of course would mean another motherboard.

goonerbill © ® 09:32 27 Apr 05

sent to me via email

(Hi There Motherboard is a Biostar KM266-8233a stevie)

after looking, i believe your mobo to be this click here the max CPU you will be able to upgrade to is athlon 2600+ (133)266mhz fsb. use this program to check click here download the home addition.

TomJerry 10:17 27 Apr 05

if goonerbill © ® is right because it is not easy to find any fast AMD CPU which run 266 MHZ FSB

watford click here and Novatech click here sell reasonablly priced CPU+Board+RAM bundle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…