Upgrade/ budget system

todga16 00:26 17 Jun 07

Recently my PC decided to give up the go and break totally so I am now stuck with the idea of upgrading my very very old one or buying a new one. I have got a very tight budget under £500 but want something that could play a few games, UT, HL2 on low settings etc.

My old PC is micro atx form and the mobo is pretty crap so needs new 4 sure, also, psu is a measly 90w!! Definitly needs a change. I also would need a new HD, new graphics card, new dvd-+rw, new ram, new processor and cooling, basically the whole lot, the only thing that could be kept i suppose would be the case, even this is crap.

I have looked at buying new but when VAT is added, the price is soon racked up with extorsionate values. I have looked at many intel systems as I prefer these to others. Could somebody please point me in the right direction, possibly even provide me details of places to buy from with prices and specs.

Many thanks in advance

yaesu 00:30 17 Jun 07

Hi todga16
DELL?
I've got the cheapest one from 15 months ago which does for me. Won't play games but better one in the range will?
Regards, yaesu

Jake_027 00:57 17 Jun 07

If so

click here

£510 with vista home premium installed

or with a monitor

click here

click here

£505

I'd leave a little while longer to let other forum members contribute, but theres a start.

You could also look at click here

Jake

todga16 07:37 17 Jun 07

Yes, I have a perfectly good monitor which I can use so that should help me get better for my money.

If anyone else reccomends anything, please post as I am keeping an open mind ATM.

I did wonder however, if it is in any way worth upgrading. To me, all the components that I would need kind of point to no it aint worth it but I am still tempted if it is cheaper and a better system could be made

mike1967 07:58 17 Jun 07

Try the Dell website there will be something there within you're price range

Diemmess 08:59 17 Jun 07

As an alternative to Dell try Novatech.
I am using a new 'box' as a replacement for a much altered home build which had reached its limits of modification.

I looked at Novatech's large range of ready mades and tried costing out a home build close to one of their offers.
No way could I avoid the fact that a ready built was far cheaper.

I settled for a particular one listed and bought-

PC without monitor or OS +
Quick delivery
Worked straight from the box
Backed by past excellent customer services (not so far needed!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac