Upgrade Advice.... Graphics Card

radioworld 21:41 29 Sep 10

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to read the post and I hope you can help.

I have a Dell Dimension 9150 2.8Ghz Intel Dual Core
4GB Ram
(basic nvidia graphics card)

I am looking at boosting the graphics the computer came with 2GB DDR2 RAM but it was getting a bit grouchy so I boosted the RAM to 4GB. I also want to improve the graphics to help reduce an strain on the processor. But I am unsure of what to buy..... I want the best I can get for £100 - £150 max! If less then well thats a bonus!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

gengiscant 09:34 30 Sep 10

Can you provide a link to the specs of your PC as the only Dimension 9150 I can find only has a Pentium 4 processor.
click here

Chris_Byers 11:29 30 Sep 10

As you have a PCIe x16 I would highly recommend any of the new ATI (AMD) Radeon HD 5xxx range. You can get a pretty dencent card for around £110. Check out teh PCA review section here: click here
For more info. Also don't foget to check out any cards you have shortlisted on other stes as well to get other users opinions. I often use Amazon to get 'real world' reviews on potential purchases.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…