Upgrade 95 to 98, Urgent response needed.

Altair 20:24 27 Mar 03

I am helping a Vicar to upgrade his ailing 'puter to win 98 from 95 so he can use USB ports to scan negatives on a USB scanner.
Question, where can I go to get printable instructions I can give him so he can load it himself as he is about 50 miles from me.
I have an original win 98 cd to give to him.

graham 20:36 27 Mar 03

Phew, is that urgent enough?

Altair 20:39 27 Mar 03

I'm sure a 'phew' is what you sit on in the church, or is that a pew.

Eagie 20:40 27 Mar 03
  MAJ 20:41 27 Mar 03

Here's the instructions I used the very first time I did it, Altair. click here scroll down to the "How To Partition, Format and Install" and start from there. It went without a hitch. Backup the important stuff first.

Altair 20:49 27 Mar 03

Not quite Eagie, he needs exact instructions on what to do, he's a vicar and knows how to turn on a computer use word 95 and turn it off and I can't stand over him and watch the installation.

Altair 21:14 27 Mar 03

Thanks MAJ, I think that will help him out, perhaps we will all get our prayers answered as quick as PC Advisors Help room does.

MAJ 21:16 27 Mar 03

I certainly hope so, Altair, make sure he uses a Win98se bootdisk, that will have the generic CD-ROM drivers on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…