Upgrade to up to 8Mb

siouxah1 21:40 06 Jun 06

I am in the process of upgrading to 8Mb on Pipex.

I am wondering if my wireless modem/router will support this up grade.

I have looked at the Trendnet site and cannot find any reference to this. Probably made before this requirement.
Would help, I suppose, if I knew what I was looking for.

It is a Trendnet TEW 435BRM on Win2K.

If anyone can tell me what spec I should be looking at I would be most grateful. That is before I suck it and see or ring their help line.
They do not appear to have an emaill approach

Brian

ade.h 22:35 06 Jun 06

If it is not a current model, Trendnet (not a mainstream brand, remember) will be unlikely to have produced new firmware. But if it was marketed in other countries (most of which have higher ADSL speeds than the UK) then it will already be capable. Nearly all routers are suited to at least 8Mbits.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:20 07 Jun 06

click here

In the above you can see it supports ADSL2+, that is upto 24Mbps.

siouxah1 12:41 07 Jun 06

to you both.

ade.h.
Yes it was not too old but could not find the bill. Purchased from B&Q, well it was a do it yourself item!

Mr Mistoffelees.
Thanks for that. I did read that specification but of course that bit did not mean much to me untill you gave me the info.

Thanks very much both of you. According to BT my line will support up to 4Mb. Not expecting too much of an increase. But then it will not cost any extra.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…