Upgrade

trenhcy 10:42 16 Dec 07

I wish to upgrade the motherboard on my Hp slimline s3240 desktop, but i dont know which size of motherboard it will accept. I would like the new motherboard to be quadcore compatiible either AMD or Intel,and accept 4gb of Ram, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

howard64 12:11 16 Dec 07

be very careful as some of the slimline ranges do not take a standard micro atx mobo. It might make more sense to buy a cheap case with or without a power supply and buy a standard mobo for it and then transfer your bits across. One slimline I looked at had a laptop hard drive rather than a standard one.

norman47 17:38 16 Dec 07

The motherboard is a ASUS M2N61-AR but there is no reference to it's form factor or size. from the exterior, it looks as if it's normal sized motherboard click here You would have to open the case an measure the current board or as howard64 suggests, get a new case.

As an aside, you do know that if you replace so many components, the hard drive will probably not boot. Unless HP have given you an OEM disk, you may have to get a new operating system disk. Or borrow and one and use your own code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…