yaesu 16:05 14 Apr 05

Hi folks,
currently have a 5 year old IBM (amd K6 400Mhz, 192Mb ram and 28gig hdd) contemplating change to new case/ps and motherboard package amd semperon 2400 etc from Watford electronics, sensible buy or not please?
No games, just e-mail/net (Broadband)and office duties with some photos.
Thanks, yaesu

paddy75 16:09 14 Apr 05

yaesu,you would be better off buying a new computer,you don't say what operating system you have,XP would be included plus Gaurentee.Paddy

yaesu 16:18 14 Apr 05

tnx paddy75, yes but for about £160? I have w2000 which works for me, and would initially keep the hd and display.

paddy75 16:32 14 Apr 05

Yaesu,you would have to upgrade nearly everything you have there,i don't know what that would cost but have a look here, you can keep your old monitor.Paddy.. click here

PsiFox 16:34 14 Apr 05

The RAM in your present system would not transfer to the new bits.

yaesu 15:25 15 Apr 05

Tnx folks

Totally-braindead 16:18 15 Apr 05

You could also have a look at click here built one a couple of weeks ago and so far the owner is delighted with it, did buy a new hard drive though as the older hard drives are slower and it only cost £40 more, the rest of the stuff came from his old PC, monitor, speakers, mouse and cdrom. He also took the opportunity to get XP home OEM £60 more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…