Updatting Graphics card drivers

STEVE71163 08:21 25 Apr 03

I have just downloaded updated drivers for my graphics card and when you run the installer it says that it recommends that you uninstall the existing drivers first. How do you do this?

cream. 08:48 25 Apr 03

You should be able to see them in add and remove programmes. Also you could delete the card from device manager.

If you then reboot, windows will find the card again and ask for drivers. Now point it to the download folder with your new drivers.

Hope this helps.

STEVE71163 11:42 25 Apr 03

Thanks for the reply. If i uninstall the existing drivers will the screen still work ok while i am downloading the new drivers?

soy 12:39 25 Apr 03

Once the old drivers are unistalled, Windows will use the default drivers. These drivers are bare minimum and so you will a low resolution and color desktop. Once you install the new drivers, you can then change the resolution nd color back.

cream. 13:14 25 Apr 03

You would be best downloading the drivers before you un install the old one's.

As soy say's windows will load the generic minimum drivers for the card, unless you are using X\P in which case it may put the drivers back on from it's cab files. The default setting for windows generic drivers are 640x480. With this resolution you may not be able to connect to the internet. That's why I say you would be better to download the drivers first.

Hope this helps.

STEVE71163 15:40 25 Apr 03

Thanks everyone for your replys. All installed and working! :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…