Updating Win XP ?

Mulldoon 20:57 30 Aug 04

I have been running on Win XP Home Edition for the last 2 years and wanted to upgrade to Win XP Pro but when I tried I was told that my version of Win was newer than the one on the disc!. I have not long installed the SP2 and am wondering if that is the reason why?.... Anyhoo.. my main question now is this: Is it worth me uninstalling my OS completely then re-install XP Pro ?..is it worth it?

Charence 21:20 30 Aug 04

I've got Win XP Pro on a PC and XP Home on another PC, and I cannot really find any difference. Apart from the blue desktop Windows XP background, I can't find anything that my XP Home is lacking compared to the Pro.

There is definately a difference, click here to see what. But I don't think its much of a difference.

Charence

ensonricky 21:35 30 Aug 04

I agree with Charence, I am also running both versions and can see little point in going to the expense or trouble of an upgrade from Home to Pro.

_plAsma 21:43 30 Aug 04

unless you want to expand networking eg Logging onto domains ;)

Mulldoon 01:00 31 Aug 04

Thanks !... To be honest thats what I thought but just wanted to make sure that I wasnt missing anything too spectacular !!.. lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…