Updating Sound Drivers

thicasabrick 11:51 15 Jan 05

Hi, because of problems I've been having with game crashes I've been advised to update the video and sound drivers. I've managed to do the video drivers but I cannot find were to go for my new sound drivers. Can anyone tell me which site to go to and also tell me which driver to download when I do connect with the site. I've copied some info on current sound driver below.Thanks in advance for any help.

ound Devices
-------------
Description: VIA Audio (WAVE)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3058&SUBSYS_34101462&REV_50
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ac97via.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.3622 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 8/28/2002 23:00:56, 84480 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0x0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: Not run

FelixTCat 13:13 15 Jan 05

I believe that this is a sound chip built into the motherboard? First, check the driver disk that came with the computer. The sound driver name will give you a clue to the driver. Then try a google search.

Also look at your pc supplier's website. There is often a spport section with updated drivers.

Finally, VEN_1106&DEV_3058 relates to a VIA sound chip driver. Go to the VIA website (VIA is a motherboard chipset company) and look in the support section. There is a range of drivers there.

thicasabrick 16:35 15 Jan 05

FelixTCat thanks for your reply. I bought my computer from a computer fair so it did not come with any drivers at all. Can't even remember the name of the people who sold me the computer.Any more suggestions please.

ACOLYTE 16:41 15 Jan 05

click here

Download and install this the see what it says about your pc,should tell you what you want to know.

FelixTCat 17:10 15 Jan 05

Acolyte

Grat little program!

FelixTCat 17:10 15 Jan 05

Acolyte,

Sorry, "Great"

thicasabrick 19:30 15 Jan 05

Downloaded prog as suggested still none the wiser any more help, please.

FelixTCat 23:39 15 Jan 05

Go to this site: click here and follow the instructions. Without knowing more about your motherboard chipse we cannot help you more.

If all else fails, go to click here place the mouse cursor over Support and click Drivers At VIA Arena. Then click on your operating system, then Audio and download and try each driver in turn, starting at the top.

bluesbrother 23:54 15 Jan 05

Have you tried Windows Update?

"Driver Provider: Microsoft"

If there is an newer version it should be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…