Updating Packard Bell PB9401

Portly 21:09 16 May 04

Please is it possible to update Packard Bell systems with another mobo. I was thinking of something like an MSI MS-6378 with a Duron 1800MHz processor. Does anyone know if the Packard Bell power unit is compatible, suitable connector etc.

Thanks for any info on this.

howard60 22:07 16 May 04

visually check to see that it is an atx mobo if so you are in the right area - look at the power supply and see what its power rating is - anything less than 350W is not on for a modern board.

Portly 22:11 16 May 04

Yes thanks for that. Unfortunately PC is not with me, it is at our daughter's home, 200miles away. I
was hoping that someone would know the beasty, and I could go armed with an upgrade kit, next time we visit.

georgemac 07:05 17 May 04

click here packard bell support site UK - Could not find any reference to pb9401 - does the pc have a range name, or if it has a serial number you can enter it here and you should get the info you require click here "To access information related to your PC, please enter your Serial Number (on the back of the base unit, preceded by S/N)."

Searching for pb9401 on google gives nothing.

Other options are to get her to download and run either sisoft sandra click here= or the belarc advisor click here the latter being the easiest probably to run. Each will scan the system and provide you with deatils of what is inside there. Good luck.

Portly 08:07 17 May 04

georgemac, thanks for the info. She did have trouble finding a model number, so perhaps it is not correct.
I have got a serial number, so I will try with that one.
Once again thanks for your help.

georgemac 08:35 17 May 04

even if the serial number woks OK still worth running the belarc advisor just to confirm it is what you think it is.

TECHNODIMWIT 09:26 17 May 04

I think the km2m mobo requires a P4 psu.

Portly 22:04 14 Jun 05

The tower as it was supplied,has only a 135 watt power unit. It also has provision for mounting one hard drive. Went ahead with Novatec "silent" power unit, Foxconn micro board with Sempron 2.6 + package,and LG DVD rom / CD writer,and a nice little reserve economical machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…