updating original bios

huh? 17:00 07 Apr 03

please could anyone tell me what is the correct
file to download to update the bios on an msi mobo the one i want is ms6147 ver.1 bx7 but i cannot find the exact match on the msi bios downloads my friend is upgrading hid h/d from 6 to 60 gb and needs to update his bios to do so but neither of us can match the mobo ref exactly to flash his chip -- any clues?? thanx ps we typed ms 6147 into google and it came up with a close match but as before not exact

clayton 17:13 07 Apr 03

Is this what your after, if you do try & flash your bios make sure you backup your old one first.

click here

huh? 17:19 07 Apr 03

thanx for that clayton but there are many different versions there but still no ver.1 they are all 1.1 1.2 etc his just says .1 bx7 so i cannot risk getting the wrong one thanx again

Rayuk 17:23 07 Apr 03

You could download Live update to do the job for you
click here

huh? 17:34 07 Apr 03

cheers rayuk i wish he could too the nugget went and took the old harddrive out first then decided to format it so i suppose he would have to reintall the original drive then put his o/s on it etc etc i suppose there is no quick fix to this just sweat and tears as usual due to his madcap plans i'll suggest it to him anyhow thanx again

Spindrift 17:43 07 Apr 03

Do you have the manual.

click here

What BIOS date, version is the POST screen showing.

huh? 15:52 08 Apr 03

sorry it took so long to get back, the post screen shows w6147 v1.0 b4 172198 so i suppose it is a version 1 however this file is not present the last six digits represent the date ( ive been on the msi website ) all the bios files for 6147 are 1999 and onwards another point is in the faq section of msi it says that you can jump to update bios non sequentially i.e you dont have to go v1.0 - v1.2 - v1.3 etc u can go straight to v1.8 which is the latest 6147 bios update but this is used for pentium 4 boards (coppermine one's) so could i use ms 6147 v1.7 ??and is it the correct one?? any help greatly appreciated has anyone tried this successfully??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…