updating Nvidia drivers in XP

sunnystaines 12:20 06 Oct 09

I always used to update them over the top of prev one or delete nvidia via add/remove in control panel. All went OK till driver 178 then had problems and later drivers had to be deleted and revert back to ver 178. this was solved by moving to ATI in my next pc.

Now the present saga just reloaded some ones pc and gave them a spare graphics card 7 series nvidia, loaded diver 190 all went ok now today driver 191 came out, I would like to put the latest driver on for them but do not want to cause previous experiences of nvidia driver updates, how do you update your nvidia drivers

Snec 17:58 06 Oct 09

It is recommended to delete old driver, then install new one. Never had a problem updating Nvidia driver doing it this way.

Stuartli 18:07 06 Oct 09

TweakGuides are probably the best written, most comprehensive guides to installing nVidia drivers and software (there's also one for ATi) available. See:

click here

Other equally excellent guides:

click here

sunnystaines 19:01 06 Oct 09

than you for the replies, the computer is ready for collection I will try and update it now before they pick it up,

Stuartli 20:14 06 Oct 09

To be honest, if you are not having any problems with the current installed nVidia driver version, I wouldn't bother...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac