Updating MS Office

Jackcoms 14:10 13 May 05

I currently use Office XP on my PC.

I have recently bought Office 2003 Student Select Edition for my daughter's laptop. I now intend to load the newer Student 2003 version onto my PC (the licence allows me to load it on to up to 3 machines).

If I un-install the XP version and then install the 2003 version, will my existing Word documents, Excel documents, Outlook calendar events and e-mails in Outlook Express, etc, etc remain in place on the PC?

Indigo 1 14:32 13 May 05

To be safe you should make a backup first.

BEN MARSHALL 15:07 13 May 05

Everything will remain the same other than your Outlook calender and Emails thoes settings will have to be put in again! when removing you could insert your new office 2003 CD and see if it replaces ther old MSO filles with new ones leaving all data intact! but Indigo 1 is right back up all data and your address book form THE MSO11 filein your programmes file or that data may be lostunlese you imported your windows address book. good luck BEN

BEN MARSHALL 15:08 13 May 05

Everything will remain the same other than your Outlook calender and Emails thoes settings will have to be put in again! when removing you could insert your new office 2003 CD and see if it replaces ther old MSO filles with new ones leaving all data intact! but Indigo 1 is right back up all data and your address book form THE MSO11 filein your programmes file or that data may be lostunlese you imported your windows address book. good luck BEN

BEN MARSHALL 15:08 13 May 05

Jackcoms 16:57 13 May 05

Thanks for your help.

I'll back up give it a go!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…