Updating Graphics card drivers

Rhuddlan 19:03 12 Jan 04

I am having problems installing a update for my graphics card, when I go to the Windows update page and download the driver from the Windows Catalog page, after downloading to My Documents, it asks me to Extract the files to a certain location, but I don't know where to put my graphics card drivers, I tried looking in the Windows folder in System 32, but couldn't find it, also looked on the manufacturers website, S3, but couldn't find my graphics card there, anyone help?

holly polly 19:48 12 Jan 04

what is the graphics card and os and the exact message/subfolder where it asks you to point to,incidently the driver updates i get from windows update download and install auto matically ,this is usually the case with all of the windows updates -regards-hol pol....

PA28 19:56 12 Jan 04

As Holly Polly says the installation should be automatic, or from an .exe file (you may have to unzip it to a temporary directory and run the unzippd .exe file from there). What is the location that you're being asked to extract to?

If you want to know where your existing drivers live, then go to Device Manager and access the Properties of your graphics adapter. File details will give you the path - Windows\System or Windows\System32 are I think the normal ones, depending on OS etc. But like HP above, I've never had to copy individual files across.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…