Updating Drivers.

nd33cfc 11:47 27 May 07

Can someone please explain the correct procedure for updating drivers.

I recently updated the drivers for my graphics card by going to the manufacturers website and simply downloading the latest one.
However, i see on other threads that people talk of deleting the old drivers first.

This makes me doubt wether i do indeed have the latest driver installed properly.

Thanks in advance of your responce.

Forum Editor 12:22 27 May 07

to remove the old graphics card driver before you install the new one, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't.

Presumably your new driver came with its own setup routine? If that's the case I'm sure that everything is fine - have you experienced any problems since you changed the driver?

You can check the details of the installed driver version if you go to Control panel/system/hardware and click on the Device manager tab. You'll see your display adapter listed there, and if you double click on it you'll be able to read the driver version.

i think it depends largly on which drivers you download, i use nvidia and this is their tips
click here
i always update in safe mode, ie no av/ security programs to block anything

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…