Updating drivers

The Sheep 12:09 17 Nov 05

Hi all :)

Somrthing i hear quite a lot about is updating drivers.

Can anyone tell me why this is required? Also, there are I presume loads of drivers on any one PC, how do you know which drivers to update and when? Is there an auto tool in Windows for this?

Thanks peeps :)

ACOLYTE 12:13 17 Nov 05

So the pc works as it should,driver updates help to fix bugs that may occur with other software and add functianality to the hardware you have,you dont have to update unless you have a problem that you think updating would cure.Some people update because they like to keep upto date with the latest software available for there hardware.
And no windows doesnt have an auto tool for this.

The Sheep 12:17 17 Nov 05

So it a nutshell..........if everything is working as it shouldm then i dont need to bother about updating drivers? If aproblem occurs though, then its something that should be considered?

You mentioned people like to keep up to date with driver software. How do people keep trach of what drivers they need to download? Graphics cards etc?

ACOLYTE 12:23 17 Nov 05

Usually they got to the makers site,there is usually a link on the site to the latest driver or patch,but newer isnt always better,as you say if it aint broke dont fix it.

The Sheep 12:27 17 Nov 05

Thanks, apreaciatte it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…