Updating Driver for Sony DVD R/RW DW-D22A

sheila.weston 10:52 12 Oct 05

Where can I find an update for a Sony DVD/RW Driver DW-D22A. I have spent an hour searching with Google, without success? I am having problems burning Dual Layer disks and this is one of the suggestions sent by nero.

Sheila

Hi, i can see your problem about finding the Firmware. I have found these two links after looking for ages.

It would appear from reading up on this that the 22A drive is not listed on any of the Sony support sites. It also has been suggested that it is a liteon drive badged as a Sony. This is quite common, some Philips drives are actually Ricoh and so on.

click here

The above link opens a strange window about winning a prize, dont be put off, the download will commence for you to save to a drive folder.

The link below provides the tools for doing the upgrade.

click here

I must advise you that I do not have your drive model so cannot vouch for the files but all looks coshe. "LtnFW" and "MKFLASH"

Good luck and post back the results if you go ahead.

sheila.weston 10:27 13 Oct 05

Many thanks, Tommo. Yhe drive came in a Mesh machine and could, quite possibly, be a 'badged-on version. Interesting.

All things considered I don't think I can be bothered with spending hours on this and wasting more £10 disks, with the possibility of messing other things up. I'll stick with the 4.5 giga disks for the moment and pass the problem on to my excellent pc engineer if or when I have to call him in.

Sheila

Fair enough

Stuartli 17:41 13 Oct 05

The only driver required for drives is the basic Windows CDROM driver which installs automatically.

If you are considering a firmware update then make absolutely sure you have the correct version - get it wrong and the drive will, more than likely, only be fit for the refuse collectors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…