Updating AVG 6 free addition - can't connect

TimCDC 19:57 25 Mar 04

Over the last couple of weeks, I have found updating a real hit and miss affair (usually resulting in a message, "An automatic connection to the Internet could not be established"), but if I keep trying often enough, eventually I get through. My father (both of us are on onetel dialups) hasn't been able to manage this at all, and to his recent disgust has just been infected with a virus that avg detected but couldn't clean.

Just to make sure I am as uptodate as I can be, I went direct to the grisoft site, and downloaded the relevant .bin file but can't open it successfully. My questions: (!)

has anyone else had similar trouble?

what should I do to get the downloaded update file to install?

Many thanks

Mike Mills 20:27 25 Mar 04

I too have had similar problems with the auto update facility. I save the update that I require onto my hard drive ( I navigate to my hard drive, program files, grisoft, AVG, then Update and save the update file there) when I restart AVG it updates automatically, similar to when it used to update online, but I presume from the update file saved on my hard drive. Not sure of all the mechanics, but it seems to work for me!! Good Luck.

john-232317 20:33 25 Mar 04
  TBH1 20:36 25 Mar 04

have had trouble all week - - but just updated now - -1mb plus and a reboot

TommyRed 20:43 25 Mar 04

Follow the link from dadyassa it works well. HTH TR

TimCDC 22:10 25 Mar 04

Am now fully updated. Really grateful for this (and I know my Dad will be too!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…