Updating AVG

maz2 15:49 09 May 07

I've installed this on a friends PC and while she is away I'm updating it, I've found that when the auto update starts it comes up receiving answer then closing connection several times before it updates, I've turned the windows firewall off thinking that this could be causing the problem, does anyone else see this or do you think there is a problem with the installation, the AVG is the Internet Security version not the free one, and she's running XP sp2

Diodorus Siculus 10:27 14 May 07

Bump

anchor 11:14 14 May 07

As your friend has the "paid-for" version, he/she is entitled to technical support by e-mail, (provided it has been registered).

click here

maz2 13:43 14 May 07

Thanks for that, I've been reading various other forums and apparently others are having the same problem, ironically the free version updates just fine. I've abandoned it now and installed my own paid for one on hers as I had a licence going spare

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple