updating avast free antivirus

Elvenator 08:48 17 May 05

Hi All,

I recently downloaded Avast free antivirus software after having problems with updating my virus definitions on Norton.
I keep getting messages saying that my virus software is out of date and that my pc is at risk of viruses.
I keep trying to update the software but it says the license key is invalid or expired. Does this mean I have to register again?
Also Avast keeps warning me of a trojan virus on my pc. I keep 'moving it to chest' but I still get warnings!
Please help!

Diodorus Siculus 09:03 17 May 05

Are you sure you downloaded the free version? It needs to be registered - if you have the correct version, simply go to the website and choose the option to register and when the email arrives, paste in the code.

click here
McAfee Inc. - Stinger - try this to rid the virus.

Belatucadrus 11:06 17 May 05

click here Free registration page, you need to re register every year, but this isn't a problem.

dazza39 11:20 17 May 05

The latest version of Avast,actually stops viruss before they they get to your PC and prompts you to Abort Coneection when detected,i use Avast and it is good product,i see you have Norton as well?,so this might cause conflict.

Border Collie 17:50 17 May 05

Yep, get rid of Norton. (Conflicts).

You have to re-register with Avast! AV every 400 days for which you will receive a reminder.

Right click on Avast, in Toolbar, then Program Settings - Update Basic and make sure you've set both Virus Database and Program to Automatic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…