Updating antivirus software

misog 22:46 10 Jun 03

I am concerned that people rely on there anti-virus software to be updated automatically.I have my AVG set to update at 9.30 but if I dont use it at that time for a few days then I am out of date.
It just takes 3 clicks to check for a update with AVG which I do every time I use a pc.

VoG™ 22:51 10 Jun 03

This is one of the disadvantages of free AV. I use McAfee Virus Scan Online which sends me a message whenever an update is available. You pay your money (or not) and take your choice.

misog 22:56 10 Jun 03

Agreed. You get what you pay for but after paying for a/v software which caused me problems I went to AVG

PSF 22:57 10 Jun 03

I use Norton Internet Security. When I switch on and then every 4 hours Live update checks and installs the new definitions if available.

As VoG™ says You pay your money (or not) and take your choice.

misog 23:05 10 Jun 03

Yes. But Norton causes trouble with System Restore with ME .

anchor 15:51 11 Jun 03

misog:

Not according to Norton click here

Belatucadrus 16:26 11 Jun 03

If you want a good update system, look at avast 4 click here it has fully automated incremental updates, even on the free version. I think it's a better updater than on the new AVG 7.0. I've got it on the laptop because I use it on an irregular basis and it updates as soon as I log on. All you see is a pop up window and a voice tells you you have been updated. pretty near idiot proof when configured.

misog 17:16 11 Jun 03

When I have used restore I have had no problem with AVG but when I used to use Norton I had problems click here= . Anyway the point of this thread is to make people aware that automatic updating is not foolproof and with AVG it only takes a few clicks to do a manual check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…