Updates for XP Home and NAV

Sapins 10:48 13 May 04

I have both the above set to Automatic Updates but recently I have noticed that Windows does not download the latest critical update as soon as they are available, a couple of days ago huggyg71 posted that the latest for XP was available, I did not get any notification it was available and the next day I downloaded it manually.

NAV also seems to miss some small downloads for Virus definitions, usually they are under 200KB. I have now got into the habit of looking for new updates manually.

Anyone else come across this?

Sapins 12:22 13 May 04

Sapins 13:38 13 May 04

totty102 14:42 13 May 04

I run NAV on XP home and after reading your thread I decided to check my updates manually as opposed to the automatic update I have going. To my surprise there were quite a few updates.
Its not a solution but I can say I have been having the same trouble. Have you tried looking on the Symantec website for help perhaps?

imjasonurnot 14:50 13 May 04

same happened to me with windows updates
i disabled then re enabled the autoupdates

to do this
right click on my computer
select properties
select the auto updates
uncheck the check for update
hit apply then recheck it
then hit apply
mine is set to the 2nd option
download and let me know when thier ready to install (sorry doing this from memory)

u can also go to start then run
type in services.msc
look for automatic updates
make sure its set to automatic
i would restart the service to make sure its working properly

also at click here under the windows XP
section is a PX home & XP pro
services Tweak that will restore and/or fix issues with serivces not working

for norton maybe download liveupdate 2.0 from click here under downloads

hope this helps

Sapins 15:32 14 May 04

Hi totty102 and imjasonurnot, thanks for your replies, just seen them as I had green ticked and not realised there were responses to my thread.(why don't we get an e-mail after we Green tick, to tell us there is a reply?) Not tried Symantec site yet, I have followed your advice in second and third paragraph imjasonurnot and I have checked for liveupdate 2.0, I already have it installed.

When I get a chance I will check out Symantec's site, I will also keep an eye on this by checking manually a few more times.

Thanks very much for your input both of you,

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…