Update's failure to install

ACOLYTE 15:12 18 Sep 07

My pc had an error ACTIVEDS.dll went missing from the system32 folder,and the only way i could get it repaired was to do a XP repair from console,now it works but all my updates i had installed 80 odd have gone from control panel even IE7 has gone back to IE6 but still looks like IE7,if that makes sence,anyway a long story short i have 80 updates to download this part goes well but they all fail to install,and i keep getting them popup in system tray,i dunno if they are installed or not from last time but i cant install again and i cant get rid of the popup,any ideas?

uesquebeathus 15:33 18 Sep 07

I am assuming that you have XP installed, unless you have the full SP2 update pack installed the updates from microsoft will not install and most will not download,

the full pack can purchased from microsoft from here:-click here

or the full 266 mb which is quite a big download can be downloaded from microsoft here:- click here

download it then burn it to a disk,
after that there are about 90 more updates to download

ACOLYTE 15:45 18 Sep 07

Already have SP2 have a slipstream version had it about a year,i was fully updated before i did the repair now all the updates have gone from add/remove and windows keeps downloading them and telling me they are ready to install but they all fail when i try.

birdface 15:57 18 Sep 07

Try this,click here if I remember right you press the green tick and then press go.

birdface 16:08 18 Sep 07

If the first one does not work,Try this one. click here

cant remember exactly but seem to remember that some of the updates require a shut down before the rest will proceed.
shut down pc and then check for updates again,you might need to do this a few times before installation is complete.
sorry to be so vague.

ACOLYTE 03:43 20 Sep 07

Thx,guys buteman that little app worked a treat,nice one)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…