Updates every Day and every Time I switch off

mcheathen 17:29 30 Mar 08

For the past couple of weeks or so I've been getting the message next to the button for switching off saying that there are updates. When I do turn off the PC it is usually one at at time.

I don't understand why this is happening? Is it supposed to? If not then how can I stop them?

brundle 17:43 30 Mar 08

Check for updates manually and see what is waiting to install (and install it). If the same ones keep reappearing try try WURT first click here, and if that doesn't help try Dial-A-Fix click here

If the problem is to do with Net Framework (and update patches for it) then the answer is usually to remove all instances of Net Framework using Add/Remove Programs, then let Windows re-install the lot including updates in one download.

mcheathen 23:58 30 Mar 08

How can I check manually for updates?

tullie 01:44 31 Mar 08

Go to Windows update in control panel

mcheathen 22:41 31 Mar 08

In the Windows Update on Control Panel it is set for automatic on each day at 3:00am. It does not tell me what it updating.

BTW I don't recall making any setting for an automatic update each day at 3:00am.

johnem 22:51 31 Mar 08

I believe that windows defaults to this time. There must be a reason, but I know not.

ambra4 01:54 01 Apr 08

Go to windows update in control panel Automatic Update and change to

Download Update for me, but let me chose when to install them

You can than chose what to install by using the Custom setting when you want to install the updates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac