UPDATES BLOCKED

Snrub 21:53 16 Jun 10

I have several programs which will not update. Malwarebytes is one which scans ok but will not update saying 'cannot connect to server'
MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12029,0,WinHttp Send Request)

Any ideas plse? All others say same cannot connect to server.

birdface 22:34 16 Jun 10

If most are security programs go into safe mode and try and run them.

birdface 22:41 16 Jun 10

Did you try file.And check work offline was not ticked.

Snrub 00:11 17 Jun 10

same problem in safe mode. Work offline not ticked.
Have done full virus checks, no problems showing.
Symtoms seems similar to a firewall block but checked no blocks operating.
Might be a proxy setting but I haven't set one up. Sure its a connection issue of some sort.

iamsuperman 05:31 17 Jun 10

Disable SpywareDoctor and try to update again. If you have Norton products, Disable it also then update.Once you update we can add exclusions to most Antivirus programs so that you can update safely.

birdface 08:27 17 Jun 10

Have you tried with your Firewall turned Off.
Are you signed in as administrator.
Maybe try a sfc /scannow in run but you might need the original XP disc for that.
it is not needed in W/7

Snrub 13:58 17 Jun 10

Thanks, dont run Spyware Doctor. Plagued in past with removing Norton, used Revo Uninstaller but still remnants remain. Followed all advice on Norton including removal tool, nothing works to remove Norton. However, this is getting off the subject.
Have tried with Firewall Off still no joy. Confirmed signed in as administrator.
Do such as malwarebytes use Java or Flash to update?

wids001 11:18 18 Jun 10

I had the same problem with Malaware Bytes. I got over it by having IE running before starting the updates

Ashrich 21:49 18 Jun 10

I take it that when you used safe mode it was with networking as well ......no networking , no internet

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…